Our members are active and involved. Whether you just want to keep up on local market news, network or roll up your sleeves and get involved, CMBA is a great organization to join.
Some of the benefits of membership:
Meetings are the 1st Thursday of each month at Worthington Hills Country club. In addition to the opportunity to network, you will hear a speaker on hot topics of interest to the housing and lending industry. We also occasionally provide training classes in conjunction to the meeting.
Members receive emails of industry news that is pertinent to doing business both nationally and in our local market.
Get involved! Our committees take an active part in the industry and community. Help teach future homeowners about credit, build a home for a needy family, raise funds to support community organizations or get involved with legislative issues.
Members receive discounts to Ohio Mortgage Banker events and education opportunities.
Social events, our golf outing, a bowling league and other activities allow you to have fun with your associates.
We consider the quality of our membership to be important to our success and the way our organization is viewed in the industry and community. In order to be considered for membership to the CMBA, you need to know the following information:
1) All prospective members must have three current members as sponsors. Sponsors are verifying the integrity and business ethics of the candidate and should be thoughtful in their selections.
2) Candidates for membership will be announced at 2 regular membership meetings as “readings”. This allows our members to forward any objections to the candidate’s membership ratification. The membership is then placed to a vote. Membership may be revoked or refused as per our Constitution.
3) There are 2 types of members, Class A Voting and Class B. Class A members have one representative who may vote on proposals and business issues concerning the Association while Class B members may not vote.
Class A members must meet the definition of a mortgage banker as defined by the State of Ohio as follows:
Any partnership, firm, or corporation who makes, services, buys, or sells mortgage loans, underwrites the loans, and is one or more of the following:
- A non-supervised mortgagee directly approved by HUD for participation in a direct endorsement program.
- A company directly approved by FNMA or FHLMC as a seller/servicer
- A company approved by VA as a non-supervised automatic lender
- A company created solely for the purpose of securitizing mortgage loans (trusts, REIT’s and REMIC’s)
- A company that closes loans in their name using a warehouse line
- All other lenders or affiliates will be eligible for membership as Class B
4) All applications are subject to an application fee which is only refundable if the applicant is refused membership.